Wednesday, September 28, 2011

On The Road Again 17

Okay, I’m back.

Let’s go back to where I left off, shall we? 

Missouri.  Apparently, the world’s biggest rocking chair rocks in Missouri and it’s not too far from the world’s biggest puzzle collection.  Who knew?  We enjoyed the rolling green hills and pastures along the highway with huge Oak trees lining the interstate.  Horse farm after horse farm, we rolled through Missouri and then we came to St. Louis.  As we approached the big Arch, the highways were darting in every direction and our excitement about trying to snap a picture of the magnificent arch suddenly honed out the GPS voice to bear right.  We didn’t bear right.  We ended up in downtown St. Louis on an extremely bumpy cobblestone hill , bumped our way back to the highway and in the meantime, got a very nice picture of the Arch. 

Exhausted, we pulled into a KOA in Missouri and made a quick dinner.  It was 1am when we turned off the lights.  Short night, 7am we were up on the road toward Dent Ohio, excited to see my sister and brother in law.

Indianapolis  was dreary…dreary, dreary, dreary.  My dad died in Indianapolis many years ago so I’m a tad tainted about that city.  But we got through it and landed safely at Stephanie’s beautiful property.

Thank you for all of your sweet compliments about the pictures of Jolynn in front of the Oklahoma sign with the pups and my sister and I in front of her home.  We had a wonderful visit and we miss them already.  Steph and I are not twins.  Jolynn and I will be visiting Stephanie’s twin, Debi, in Pennsylvania.

Soooooooo…..Yesterday we left Dent Ohio and drove to Fairview Pennsylvania.  Fairview is about 15 miles from Erie and it is the home of my best friend, Kathy.  We went to high school together and we were college roommates as well.  I am writing to you from her gorgeous covered deck on a spectacular fall morning.  The RV is parked quietly next door and it has a little issue but we are taking it to an RV repair shop this afternoon.  The dogs are lying beside me, full bellies and content from their long walk last night.  Pennsylvania is home for me.  My parents were born in Pittsburgh and although I was born in Florida and grew up in California, I ended up in high school and college in the Keystone state.  I’m home right now.  Really, scarecrow, there’s no place like home.
Dinner with the gang tonight – visiting my dear, dear friends in Erie.  We are being spoiled here in this wonderful environment and we are loving it.  So many miles behind us and so many miles still ahead.  What will happen next?  I’ll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment